PSARC/2009/617... SNMP traps for applications via SMF: Strictly a Solaris 11 feature?
Eric Boutilier
2010-03-05 17:02:09 UTC
Hello fm team,

Question regarding PSARC/2009/617...
http://arc.opensolaris.org/caselog/PSARC/2009/617/
http://bugs.opensolaris.org/bugdatabase/view_bug.do?bug_id=6884709

We're very interested in including this in an SMF policy/design project I'm
working on, but the environment (big environment) is strictly Solaris 10,
and will be for a while. I'm assuming we're out of luck, but wanted to check
just in case. Any chance this will appear in Solaris 10?

Thank you,
Eric
Gavin Maltby
2010-03-08 21:56:49 UTC
Hello Eric,
Post by Eric Boutilier
Hello fm team,
Question regarding PSARC/2009/617...
http://arc.opensolaris.org/caselog/PSARC/2009/617/
http://bugs.opensolaris.org/bugdatabase/view_bug.do?bug_id=6884709
We're very interested in including this in an SMF policy/design project
I'm working on, but the environment (big environment) is strictly
Solaris 10, and will be for a while. I'm assuming we're out of luck, but
wanted to check just in case. Any chance this will appear in Solaris 10?
I'm sorry, we can longer discuss the content of upcoming products in the
way we used to - including what may or may not be included in Solaris 10
Update releases. This is due to different regulatory conditions under
which Oracle operates. Obviously we can discuss what is in OpenSolaris - there
in plain sight or that being openly developed - but not Solaris 10.

Cheers

Gavin